Common Mistakes While Trying to Lose Stomach Fat
Gaining stomach fat is easy, losing stomach fat is difficult.
Inactivity and addiction to sweet and fatty foods builds fat fast, and it can be tiring and disheartening to try to reverse the process.
Before we talk about the common mistakes while trying to lose stomach fat that nearly everyone commits, there are two basic facts that we have to face.
The first fact is that the fat in our body is distributed where it is due to our genetics. The second fact is that one pound of stomach fat works out to 3,500 calories.
These facts have to be integrated into a diet and exercise plan, not in anger or self-pity. Hating ourselves isn't only foolish, but counterproductive. Having a fat stomach isn't a value judgment, it's only a fact of genetics and behavior.
- GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK. Deciding you're a horrible freak and you'll stop eating until you lose stomach fat is the worst thing you can do. Set yourself a goal without the drama. Carry through with healthy changes and you can succeed.
- DON'T CRASH DIET. If you drastically reduce your food intake or, even worse, stop eating altogether, your body will think that you are starving. To save a starving person's life, the body's metabolism shuts down and holds onto the body fat.
- DON'T EAT ONLY PROTEIN. If you only eat proteins, you may see an improvement for awhile, but not for long, and your body will clamor for the nutrients you've kept from it. The result will ultimately be weight gain. One very important reason to eat fruits and vegetables is that they keep your body regular.
- EAT HEALTHY FOODS. Ditch the diet potions and give your body whole, natural foods. Eat raw fruits, veggies, and whole grains. The less constipated you are, the faster you'll lose not only weight, but bloat. Your tummy will shrink all the sooner.
- EXERCISE PROPERLY. It's a mistake to decide that five hundred crunches a day will flatten your stomach quickly. More likely is that you will injure your lower back. The same goes for suddenly deciding to run a mile every day; a sprained knee or ankle is no joke. These injuries take awhile to heal properly; in the meantime you can't exercise or burn calories.
Avoid these common mistakes while trying to lose stomach fat; follow a healthy plan, and you will begin to banish your stomach fat for good.
You can lose stomach fat and shape up your abs using ab exercisers like the Ab Rocket. Take care of your body and eat healthy, get those abs rock hard.
Recently Posted Related Articles
Most Popular Related Articles